Massaged Avocado Kale Salad
Yield: 4-5 people
• 2 bunches curly red kale
• 2 whole avocados
• 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped into large chunks
• 1/2 cup blueberries or other seasonal fruit
• 1/2 cup slivered sundried tomatoes
• 1/2 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
• 1 T dijon
• 2 T red wine vinegar
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 /2 T maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder or grated clove of fresh garlic
• A few shakes of cayenne powder
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Tear kale into bite-sized pieces off of stems and put into large salad bowl.
2. Slice avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out flesh into kale.
3. Use clean hands to squeeze avocado and massage into kale until kale is coated with avocado cream.
4. Sprinkle pecans, blueberries, sundried tomatoes, and goat cheese on top.
5. Prepare vinaigrette: Mix all ingredients, minus the olive oil, together with a fork until well combined.
6. Taste, see if more salt, pepper, lemon juice or maple syrup is needed to your liking.
7. Add olive oil and stir vigorously until well incorporated. Taste again.
9. Pour on salad, toss and enjoy!