When the weather is super hot outside, sometimes a couple of light snacks sound much better than a heavy dinner. This caprese salad highlights seasonal, midsummer produce brought to life with fresh herbs and creamy mozzarella cheese!
Get out your most beautiful serving platter and have fun plating the slices of gorgeous peaches and vibrant heirloom tomatoes – this dish will go quickly if you have company over!
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese (8 ounce)
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil (use this olive oil drizzler for more control!)
- Slice tomatoes into thin, even slices. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Cut peaches in half, remove the pit, and slice into half-moons.
- Slice mozzarella into thin slices to match the size of the tomato slices.
- Pat the tomato slices dry with paper towel to remove extra water.
- Arrange slices on a serving platter, alternating between tomato, mozzarella, peach, and basil.
- Drizzle olive oil on the salad, and add another pinch of sea salt to taste.
Note: If you have any homemade pesto or balsamic glaze, add a drizzle on top of the salad too!